Sunday, February 3, 2008

My Weekend, Part I

I think this weekend was the most socially active I've had since we moved to Dallas. On Friday, I had dinner with a friend (Cheesecake Factory, YUM!) and then we went to see Juno. Great movie. Jason Bateman, who I love as an actor, was in it and had a great role. Go see it.

On Saturday, Quick sponsored a Mardi Gras parade downtown. It was actually really fun. We got VIP passes, which meant free food and drinks. Can't beat that! Here are a few photos:

The Grambling State marching band (supposed to be one of the best in the country). They were very entertaining.


Elvis on a mini bike. About 10 minutes later, that woman in the gray to the left of Elvis fell and almost got run over by a float. People were aggressive when it came to catching beads.

And here's me enjoying a Hurrican drink and crabcakes. The food was awesome. I guess anything free can be awesome, but it was quite tasty.

No comments: