Thursday, May 15, 2008

Branding Cows

Today we went over to the Browns to help brand the calves. Amber had never seen a branding operation, so she got some lessons from the sidelines. I got to put the branding irons in the "stove" to get hot, then pass them off. I was very important to the operation. :)

Here are Amber and Mom after the branding.

A calf in the pen, waiting to get a vaccination and brand.


I was also helping out with the "ball bucket." If that needs explaining, e-mail me. This is a family blog, after all. :)

Amber getting tips from Patti.


As you can see, there's still snow in the mountains. Today was a beautiful day, though, in the 70s. We put our shorts on when we got home from the Browns.


Amber and I after our hard day's work.

This last picture is for Olivia, who has been to the ranch once, but couldn't remember that my parents had a hot tub. So here you go, the hot tub, the chicken coop (which hasn't housed chickens in at least 15 years) and some mountains.

1 comment:

Olivia Kuhens said...

Well HOLJOY! (I think you should start saying that). There really IS a hot tub, by golly! And this blog is rivaling PDub, btw, because she talks about the exact same thing, PLUS you guys have a ball bucket, which she so does not have. And it just tickles my gizzard that it's a plastic coffee can. Nice. I'll think twice before having my morning cup o' joe at your house, though.