"What's Holjoy mean?" This is a questioned I asked Amber and Seth after being at their house in Kansas City for a few days. See, this cute little bear on their front steps has a sign that says "The Gibsons" on one side and "Holjoy" on the other. I thought holjoy was maybe some cute little thing they say or an inside joke with friends. When I asked them what it meant, they both looked at me funny and said "you mean Howdy?" Yup, I'm a smart one!

In Missoula, Amber had to buy Kirt a steak dinner to pay up on a bet that the two made about 10 years ago. The bet was that the first one to get married had to buy the other a steak dinner. Amber's been married almost three years, and Kirt's still looking for Mrs. Right, so Amber got to buy dinner. As the witness to the initial bet and the settling of the debt, I got a free dinner either way, so I didn't care who won. It was a win-win for me. :)

Yesterday there was a big fight between the two bulls on the Wooden ranch, and this morning we had to go check on George, the one who got hurt in the battle. Amber and I were laughing at how much different it is up here, not having to worry about what you're wearing or how your hair looks, because it's all going to be caked with cow poop anyway. It was rainy, so her pants got poopy and wet.

3 comments:
You're there! I mean, you're really THERE!
it looks like you had a great time with friends on your way home! Im glad you had a safe trip :)
Post a Comment