Saturday, March 29, 2008

Adventures in cooking

Friday, my friend Alma was supposed to come over and have craft night and I was going to cook a special dinner. She has pneumonia, so she stayed home. I still made my special dinner though. And it turned out awesome. Jeff even really liked it. He's a picky eater, so I consider that a huge success. Both recipes are from KraftFoods.com, my favorite cooking site. Click the recipe name for links to the recipes.

One note about the bread... It has an icing recipe to drizzle on top, but I left that off and just sprinkled more cinnamon-sugar mixture on top.


Bruschetta 'n Cheese-Stuffed Chicken BreastsThis was really awesome chicken. You drizzle dressing on top to give it more flavor. I used Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette because it's what I had on hand. Very yummy ... and it's fun to pound the chicken breasts to stuff them. :)


3 comments:

Olivia Kuhens said...

That chicken looks FANTASTIC! I want some! The fiestaware it is sitting on only adds to its appeal. And that bread! I could ... well, ... pull it apart and scarf it!

Anonymous said...

Think you could make some more and send it out to Abilene? :)

Anonymous said...

AW, MAN! I missed out on this delicious stuff! Sorry, Annie, it all looks awesome! I hope you'll let me take a raincheck. I was really bummed we didn't get to hang out. Damn this pneumonia!